If you are initially denied admission to Texas Tech University, you can gain acceptance by participating in the Summer Gateway program. It is required that you sign-up for this program at the link provided to be considered. Students are expected to complete six hours of transferable credit during the first summer session at an accredited community college. If you earn at least a 2.5 GPA, you will be admitted to Texas Tech!
To see which courses will best apply toward your major, refer to our recommended two-year plan.
Don’t see what you are looking for?
Find a complete list of our course offerings in the Undergraduate Catalog.
- You must be a graduating high school senior.
- Complete six hours of transferable coursework from the approved list with a minimum 2.5 GPA on that coursework during the first summer session at any partner college.
- Transferable online and hybrid courses are allowed.
- Provide the Office of Undergraduate Admissions with an official transcript once your courses end.
Please contact the Texas Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 806.742.1480:
- If your high school graduation is after summer classes begin at the partner community college you have selected.
- If you wish to attend a college that is not listed as one of our partners.
- If you have any question about the transferability of a course you want to register in.
After you complete your summer classes
Once the Texas Tech Office of Undergraduate Admissions receives an official college transcript showing you earned a 2.5 GPA on the six transferable credit hours, you will be admitted to Texas Tech University for the fall term. (We recommend that you make an early request to have your transcript sent to Texas Tech as soon as you complete your college coursework.)
If you meet the program requirements, you will receive an email notifying you of your admission. Once you are admitted, your eRaider account will be reactivated and you will be required to register for and attend Red Raider Orientation before school begins.
If you do not meet the requirements of the program, we encourage you to continue taking courses at a community college and reapply to Texas Tech for a future semester after meeting the transfer requirements.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the transcript is sent to Texas Tech with the heading: Attention – Gateway Program.
You will not be required to re-apply to the university for the fall term.
If you are registered for the Summer Gateway Program, your eRaider account will be reactivated and you can apply for fall housing beginning April 1, 2015. www.housing.ttu.edu