Choose Texas Tech
We have a wide range of academic programs for you to explore. Texas Tech is a place where great things are happening inside the classroom and out – where you can play as hard as you study. Whoever you want to become, from here, it’s possible.
To get a full overview of Texas Tech’s transfer admissions policies, take a look at our Transfer Admissions Guide.
See How Your Credits Will Transfer.
1. $60 application fee or fee waiver.
2. Official transcripts (high school and/or college). Students must submit high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores for acceptance if they have completed less than 12 transferable hours after graduating from high school. If the transcript service you use is requesting an email address to deliver your document to Texas Tech, please have it sent to: email@example.com.
3. Complete ApplyTexas application.
If you present the required combination of transferable hours and GPA below, you are assured admission. GPA is cumulative for all transferable courses (including dual credit) from all schools attended. Courses taken for grade replacement are used for GPA calculation only if the same course is repeated at the same institution where it was originally taken.
|Transferable Hours||GPA Requirements|
|12-23 hours||2.50 cumulative|
|24 or more hours||2.25 cumulative|
Some academic colleges and departments at Texas Tech only accept students who meet assured admission requirements. College entrance requirements are subject to change and are listed in the Texas Tech Undergraduate Catalog.
- College of Architecture (all majors) – 3.00
- Rawls College of Business (all majors) Min. 12 Hours – 2.75
- Whitacre College of Engineering (all majors) Click here to see requirements.
- Honors Arts & Letters – Honors College admission required
- College of Human Sciences
- Community, family and addiction services – 2.50
- Human development and family studies – 2.50
- Interior design – 2.70
If you do not meet assured admission requirements but have at least a 2.00 cumulative GPA, an admissions committee will evaluate your potential based on other criteria:
- Academics – types of courses taken and pattern of progress, as well as coursework taken leading toward major
- Student-submitted essay – explanation of the decision to transfer to Texas Tech, reasons for past academic performance and plans to ensure future academic success
- Extracurricular activities/employment/Texas Tech affiliation – leadership and work experience, special talents or awards, other information relevant to the admission decision
Students with a cumulative GPA or transferable credit hours below requirements or who haven’t taken college coursework in the past two or more semesters are encouraged to explain circumstances that have impacted their past academic performance and to submit an essay.