- Students who have already been awarded a baccalaureate degree and who do not wish to purse another undergraduate degree;
- Students who attend another college or university as full-time students in good standing and who intend to return to that college; and
- Working professionals in the community who may not have a baccalaureate degree but who wish to improve their skills.
- Complete ApplyTexas application at www.applytexas.org. Under Application Type, choose Transient.
- $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all previous higher education institutions.
Transient students are not eligible for financial aid as funds are only available for degree-seeking students. Enrollment is limited to two consecutive long semesters. Those who wish to continue from semester to semester as a transient student must reapply each term. Students will only be billed the application fee the first time they apply as a transient student.
At the discretion of the assigned academic advisor, transient students may be allowed to take a full load of courses while enrolled at Texas Tech. Students taking courses at an international location of Texas Tech University will be allowed to enroll in a maximum of 18 hours per term.
If you wish to enter Texas Tech as a degree seeking student, please re-apply with the transfer application and meet all applicable admissions criteria.
The admission deadlines for summer transient students are the same as for all transfer students.
If the transcript service you use is requesting an email address to deliver your document to Texas Tech, please have it sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lubbock, TX 79409-5005
Note: Mail all official documents, including official transcripts, essays and letters of recommendation to the above address. Please include the student’s full name and date of birth on all correspondence.